- The issue opens with a scene at the 'ammo factory'. Eugene and his group are trying to lay low and figure out what is going on. It's obvious that The Safe Zone is under attack, and there is high probability of a herd of walkers approaching the area.
- Eugene suggest the group stay hold up inside the ammo building as long as possible. Against his advice John decides to go outside to take a piss. Before his big toe passes the threshold, walkers flood the door and overtake him. The others are forced to flee the 'factory' and run into Negan.
- Rick regains consciousness. The doctor from The Hilltop thinks Rick suffered from a concussion.
- Denise is on her death bed. The fever from the bite is taking it's toll.
- The Safe Zone isn't completely demolished, but the perimeter is almost non existent. They are very vulnerable to the approaching waves of walkers and future attacks. Those who have survived are busy with killing walkers, and preparing burials for the causalities.
- After seeing all the damage to The Safe Zone Rick decides the group should move to a new location. Maggie and her group have discussed going back to The Hilltop.
- Ezekiel is seriously thinking about taking what is left of his people and pulling out of the way. Rick tries to convince him to stay with them and move to The Hilltop.
- Jesus Monroe discover's that Eugene's group is missing, and assumes Negan is holding them captive. Rick decides it's too risky to try to send a rescue party to their aid.
- When packing for the trip to The Hilltop, Rick purposely leaves 'his' phone behind.
- The issue ends with Negan giving Eugene two options: cooperate with The Saviors and make ammo, or watch his friends die and suffer an immense amount of torture.
- I'm really excited about Rick leaving the 'Lori' phone behind. I think this signifies a new phase in the development of his character. We've seen him become more and more grounded. He's no longer questioning his role as a leader. Even though he may doubt some of his decisions, it seems that his is able to pick up the pieces and carry on. I'm really looking forward to some cut throat decisions at the conclusion of this story arc.